Reducing the Lethbridge Ecological Footprint

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

How Can We Address Environmental Issues on Campus?

As community centres for producing and exchanging knowledge, universities have a responsibility to be exemplary leaders in adopting environmentally sound practices (otherwise called "walking the talk"). Campuses across North America are currently mobilizing to address climate change and reduce greenhouse gas emissions. Students from all faculties at the University of Lethbridge can make a difference on campus by taking on Sustainability projects such as the Campus Climate Challenge and working with professors and university administration to find innovative solutions for real-world problems. Perhaps you could even get credit for your work!

The Be-Aware club invites students to join them in working toward the following goals, among others, at the UofL:

- Encourage the University to formally commit to Campus Climate Challenge initiatives, like the ones below, and create the necessary human resource positions to do so.
- Support the Alternative Transportation Initiative to make busses more accessible to the student population.
- Help determine the feasibility of alternative energy solutions, such as passive heat, solar, wind, and geothermal power in university buildings.
- Support energy and waste reduction initiatives such as energy efficiency retrofitting, recycling, and composting.
- Help broaden the scope of environmental and climate change education curricula across faculties on campus, such as the Faculties of Management and New Media.

Please contact Be-Aware (be.aware@uleth.ca) if interested!

2 Comments:

At 11:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

After looking into a number of the blog posts on
your website, I seriously appreciate your way of writing a blog.

I added it to my bookmark site list and will be checking back soon.
Take a look at my website as well and tell me your opinion.


my site: http://www.dailymotion.com/

 
At 2:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Today, I went to the beachfront with my children. I found a sea shell and gave it to my 4 year old daughter and said "You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear." She put the shell to her ear and screamed.
There was a hermit crab inside and it pinched her ear. She never wants to go back!
LoL I know this is totally off topic but I had to
tell someone!

Here is my site: Generateur De Code PSN

 

Post a Comment

<< Home